Welcome to Tuesday Greens #9!
Welcome to week #9 of Tuesday Greens! I am once again co-hosting with Yolanda from PB&J.
We had some beautiful weather here this weekend and it allotted me some time to winterize some more of the garden. I needed to get the asparagus prepped and weed the last of the garden beds while the earth was still soft.
If you are keeping asparagus in your garden, it’s important to take some steps to get it ready for the winter. I cut my ferns back to 2 inch stubs.
Then, I cover the 2 inch parts with a layer of Organic Mechanic soil to make sure that they are protected from the winter wind and cold. Since these perennials are going into their third year, we will be looking forward to reaping 4 weeks worth of asparagus next year.
What did you all do for your gardens this week? Are you still winterizing? Do you have cold crops? I am looking forward to reading your posts on gardening, green living and any other eco-friendly or environment related posts.
1. You can link up (directly to your post and not just your blog) if you have a post about the following:
- Anything that you are growing in your own garden or on your farm
- Any green or eco-friendly living tips and how-to posts
2. Become a follower of mine either on Twitter or Facebook in the sidebar. Be sure to also head over to Yolanda’s blog and follow her too!!
3. Grab a button or use the code from the sidebar and be sure to link back within your post or with a text link.
4. Leave a comment before or after linking up and be sure to visit AT LEAST 2 other participants and leave comments on their entries.
Thanks for stopping by and have fun checking out everyone’s entries!